W E L C O M E
Weitersfelden and its scenic surroundings steeped in history have still maintained their authentic character. Plenty of stories and legends have grown up around this lovely market town. The neighboring villages and hamlets are a perfect place for rest and recreation in a very charming ambiance.
"Genuine hospitality in a homey atmosphere" is WEITERSFELDEN´S motto! The picturesque resort is embedded in the Mühlviertler Alm region, a truly unique spot for nature fans and ornithologists.
Forget the daily grind and restore new energies while WALKING along a variety of scenic trails and paths. Discover nature´s beauty on your own and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
SPECIAL HIGHLIGHTS ...
- Late Gothic parish church (Gothic Trail)
- Steinkapelle Chapel in Wienau (listed building)
- "Kammerer-Kreuz" mountain chapel at 989 m above sea level
- Nature treasures, small monuments and wayside shrines
- Hochgericht building dating back to 1570
- Pillory dating back to 1648
- Steinbloßmauerwerke farmhouses
(Hoisn, Reinprecht and Eckstallerhof)
- Textile Workshop