- Summer in the Mühlviertel
- The whole year
- Winter in the Mühlviertel
- Service & Contact
Visit the Reichenstein Castle in Ruins!
The Castle first appeared in the historical records of Ulrich of Reichenstein in the year 1230. Over the centuries, several notable people have owned or been linked with it. Since 1729, the Castle has been in the hands of the Counts of Starhemberg. From the 18th century onwards the once mighty Castle was let gone to rack and ruin. Since 1989 the historic structure has undergone complete renovations works.
May through October
Open Fridays 4:00pm to 6:00
Guided Tours are available by appointment
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.
Legal contact informationOÖ Burgenmuseum Reichenstein