A Warm Welcome to Schönau -
A Place where you will be made to feel truly at Home!
Embedded between the romantic valleys of Waldaist and Naarn you´ll find the gentle and lovely holiday resort Schönau.
The picturesque scenery amidst unspoilt nature lends itself to outstanding hiking and horseback riding. The recently opened Horseback Riding Park leaves nothing to be desired for riding aficionados.
Prandegg Castle in Ruins satisfies the visitors who want to experience an eventful hiking tour. Picturesque meadows and forests will lead you to the massive castle complex situated on a round mountain top, where you may enjoy a spectacular view.
A wide range of sporting and leisure activities provide perfect entertainment. Families, in particular, appreciate our new outdoor swimming pool with paddling area for the little ones.
The area´s legendary hospitality is best expressed in its native cuisine. There are lovely places to stop by and enjoy culinary delicacies, whether it´s just to break your journey or to stay a while.
- Inhabitants: 1.890
- Area: 39 km²
- Altitude (from): 635m ASL
- Altitude (to): 635m ASL
- Longitude: 14.729490280151373
- Latitude: 48.394960559812127
Coming from Germany:
* Take the A8 Autobahn from Munich to Salzburg, continue on the A1 Autobahn until you reach the `Knoten Linz´
* Take the A8 Autobahn/E56 Road from Passau until you reach the `Knoten Linz´
Coming from Vienna:
Take the A1 Autobahn until you reach the `Knoten Linz´
* `Knoten Linz´ - Continue on the A7/E55 towards Linz Zentrum/Prague - B124 Federal Road - Pregarten - Bad Zell - turn left for Schönau
Linz Railroad Station or Pregarten Train Station,
Public Bus Service to Schönau
Hörsching/Linz Airport, Shuttle Bus Service to the Linz Downtown Center
Buses to Schönau leave from the Linz Railroad Station