Parish church of Oberneukirchen
The area of Oberneukirchen has been populated since the 12th century. First there was a "Chapel of St. Mary and Ottilia (1292), then a" Chapel of Honor to St. Cäcilia "(1475) and finally (the then smaller) initial form of the St. Jakobus parish church, enlarged to its present form in 1899/1901.
In 1292 Oberneukirchen became a parish of Leonfelden. The place Oberneukirchen was mentioned for the first time in this document. In 1595 Oberneukirchen then became an independent parish.
The nave of today's parish church as well as the south aisle and the west tower date from the late Gothic, the late 15th century. In 1899/1901 the old building was transformed and a neo-Gothic extension was built. The church was consecrated in 1902.