Hofwieshammer Blacksmith Museum
Austria´s last forge hammer is now on display at this fine Outdoor Museum.
This original 16th century Forge was last used in 1938. In the 19th century, saw blades and knifes were fabricated in the building and exported to Bavaria, Hungary, Bucovina and Bohemia.
The Museum is still powered by a fully functioning water driven generator.
Forge demonstrations are arranged by appointment with a working blacksmith on site.
May to October:
Sundays & Holidays 2:00pm to 5:00pm
- Student groups with school class
- Suitable for groups
Please get in touch for more information.