Karlinger Hammer Forge
A Warm Welcome to Karlinger Hammer Forge!
This old Blackmith Shop and Hammer Forge was granted Imperial privileges around 1600. The Forge dates back to the year 1698 and the Hammer has the year 1796 inscribed. The historic Hammer is among the oldest preserved in all of Austria. The old water wheel had to be replaced and was operating from 1978 to 1996. With the support of the Upper Austrian government the water wheel was refurbished recently and is now operating again.