- Where do you want to go?
- What would you like to experience?CONTENT PER JS
- Winter in the Mühlviertel
- The whole year
- Summer in the Mühlviertel
- Hotels & Accommodation
- Service & Contact
The School Museum is one of Austria´s oldest, still preserved Parish School Houses.
"Domus Disciplinae", dating back to 1577, is the country´s oldest Parish School. Here Upper Austrian school history comes back to life.
The School Film Museum was newly installed in 2001.
A visit to the Bad Leonfelden School Museum means...
- To take a breath of school air of more than four centuries (the museum, formerly Austria´s oldest parish school, was built as early as in 1577!)
- To recall memories of your own schooldays
- To attend to a history class
- To watch the unfair competition between "hedgehog and rabbit" (or enjoy any other ancient silent film)
- To ponder the positive development of education and upbringing within the last four centuries
- To take an exciting trip to a border area, some 30 kilometers north of Linz, which is definitely worth a visit.
One-hour tours, audio stations and power point presentations provide visitors with insights into the schooldays of our ancestors. Learn about teaching materials of the 19th century, the punishment room used of the Mary Theresien age, the "Crocheting Lady´s" classes, educational methods of the Nazi period and various other things.
May 01 to October 31: Guided Tours
Tuesdays, Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays 5:00pm
Guided Tours for Groups can be arranged anytime by appointment
A Guided Tour takes 60 minutes; a Guided Tour plus visit to the School Film Museum takes 75 minutes
Somewhat suitable for wheelchairs: Assistance is sometimes necessary. The measurements do not (fully) conform to the legally stipulated ÖNORM.